How to cancel Spotify Premium and delete your account?
Spotify, the most popular music streaming service, offers a wide range of subscription options. This Swedish music giant is one of the most used music streaming platforms in the world. You can start listening to your favorite music right now for just $9.99 per month. When you buy a subscription, you don’t have to listen to frustrating commercials after every song.
But there are times when you might want to try another platform like Apple Musci or Amazon Music. In this case, you want to cancel Spotify subscription. If you also want to do this, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will tell you how to cancel Spotify Premium subscription.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium on Web Browser?
A lot of people think Spotify isn’t what it used to be. It changed over time. These suggestions or algorithms have also been modified. Or, some people may just want to try other apps, such as Apple Music. For this, you need to cancel the Spotify premium.
Here you have to keep one thing in mind. You can only cancel a Spotify premium account on a web browser and not on the mobile app. So you need your laptop or you can also open Spotify website on your mobile browser. Here’s how you can do it.
- First, go to the official Spotify website on your iPhone, Android phone or PC.
- Sign into your account – Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of a mobile web browser and choose Sign In. To sign in on the desktop web browser, go to the top right corner and select sign in.
- Once logged in, go to Account. Tap the three horizontal lines symbol in the upper right corner of your smartphone screen, then select Account from the drop-down menu that appears. Or if you’re using a PC, in the top right corner, click profile. From the drop-down menu, select Account.
- On the next page, scroll down to the “Your plan” section and click on Change plan.
- On the next page, scroll down to find “Cancel Premium” and tap on it.
- On the next page they will tell you what you will lose if you cancel the premium subscription. To cancel, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Do the same on the next page as well.
- Press “Yes” in the dialog box that appears. This will confirm your cancellation. And you will be redirected to Spotify free account.
What happens to my playlist?
Until your Spotify account is deleted, your paid subscription will be cancelled, and you will be relegated to the free version, where you will be able to listen to music but will be subject to advertisements. You will also be able to keep all your stored playlists and music on your device.
If your previous premium subscription has not yet ended and the billing date is still a few days away, you will still enjoy premium features until that date.
How to cancel Spotify Premium using Apple ID?
If you originally subscribed to Spotify through the Apple App Store, you can use this method to cancel the subscription easily. You don’t have to go through the hassle of the above method. Here’s how you can do it.
- On your iPad or iPhone, open Settings.
- Now tap on your name and Apple ID at the top of settings.
- The Apple ID page will open. On the page, click on “subscription”.
- All the apps you are subscribed to will appear. Select Spotify from the list.
- On the Spotify page that follows, click “Cancel Subscription”.
- Now follow the given on-screen instructions and you can successfully cancel Spotify Premium using Apple ID.
How to delete your free Spotify account?
Now that you have canceled your Spotify bonus, you can also delete your Spotify account. You can easily delete your account without any hassle. Remember that all your playlists will be gone. So, try to take note or save your playlist before performing the steps below.
- On your web browser, log into the official Spotify website.
- Faucet here to access the Spotify support page.
- In the list of account settings, click “Close your account”.
- Now that you have canceled Spotify premium subscription, click “Close your account”.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions (Total 5) and at the end of the process, your Spotify account will be deleted.
This is all about how you can easily cancel Spotify Premium via web browser. Hope all your doubts on “how to cancel Spotify premium” topic are now solved. Screenshots are added for better understanding and a hassle-free process. Also, if in doubt, let us know in the comment section below.